200 Groton Road, Ayer, MA 01432
Laboratory Services: 978-784-9300
You won’t be near anyone with COVID-19.
The fear of contracting COVID-19 shouldn’t cross your mind when you need emergency care. That’s why we’ve created safe zones in our ER - keeping you separate from anyone we’re treating for COVID-19.
We’re suiting up and scrubbing down even more.
We’ve upped our cleaning and disinfecting protocols - especially for high-touch areas. We also make sure we’re adequately stocked with masks, shields, gloves and towns to help keep you and our staff healthy.
Checking, then double-checking.
For an added layer of protection, we have hospital personnel screening patients for COVID-10 exposure and symptoms before they enter our facility.
Your health and safety are our top priority.
Nashoba Valley Medical Center remains fully prepared to care for our patients and our community. We are here, as always, to serve all patients. Our commitment to providing care for the ongoing health and well-being of our community is vital, particularly in times like these.
HOSPITAL VISITOR INFORMATION
The Nashoba Valley Medical Center team continues to monitor COVID-19 in our local communities and we are pleased to see the number of cases trending downward. Effective Monday, March 8, 2021, Nashoba Valley Medical Center patients are allowed one (1) visitor or caregiver at a time.
Visitors or caregivers must:
• Meet clinical criteria used for general visitation, i.e., pass COVID-19 screening. The screening includes a temperature and symptom check, at least 24 hours fever free without the use of fever-reducing medications, and improved symptoms.
• Use PPE appropriate for the patient they are supporting. In the event the patient is COVID-19 positive, the support person must use hospital-provided PPE.
• Wear a surgical face mask for the duration of their visit. Surgical masks will be provided to visitors who don’t have their own. Cloth masks, scarves, bandannas, and handkerchiefs are not allowed. Refusal to wear a mask will result in the revocation of visitation privileges.
As always, Nashoba Valley Medical Center remains safe and ready to care for our patients and our community.
HOSPITAL ENTRANCE RESTRICTIONS
Entrances to the hospital will be restricted to the following entrances only (all other entrances will be locked and available for egress from the facility only or be accessed by badge access for certain personnel):
- Front Entrance: Daily, 6 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Emergency Department Entrance: 24 hours a day / 7 days a week