Nashoba Valley Medical Center recognizes the important role that visitors play in the care of hospitalized patients. Nashoba Valley Medical Center makes every attempt to allow visitors without restriction. You as the patient, and or your designated support person, have the right to accept or decline visitors. Visitors may include, but are not limited to, a spouse, a domestic partner (including same sex partner), family members, and friends. You may withdraw your consent for visitors at any time during your stay.
Visitors may be limited or restricted only when visitation would interfere with the care of the patient and/or the care of other patients.
The following are example of circumstances that could result in the hospital imposing restrictions or limiting visitors:
- A court order limiting or restraining contact
- Behavior presenting a direct risk or threat to a patient
- Behavior disruptive of the functioning of the patient care unit
- Reasonable limitations on the number of visitor at any one time
- Patient’s risk of infection by a visitor
- Visitor’s risk of infection by the patient
- Extraordinary protections because of pandemic or infectious disease outbreak
- Substance abuse treatment protocols requiring restricted visitation
- Patient’s need for privacy and rest
- Need for privacy and rest by another individual(s) sharing the room
Please ask your nurse or doctor about any visitation restrictions that may apply during your visit.
Visiting hours are unrestricted. Family and friends may visit a patient at any time. The only restrictions would be based on a patient's medical condition, or if limitations are set by their physician. If for any reason you wish to limit the number of visitors or the length of their visits, talk to your nurse.
Parents or guardians of pediatric patients may visit at any time, day or night. A parent or guardian is encouraged to stay overnight with his/her child. Those parents who are 'rooming-in' will receive more information on this program from the nurse. Our nursing staff is happy to make arrangements so that the siblings of a pediatric patient may visit.
Located on the ground floor of the hospital
Hours: Monday - Friday
- Breakfast: 7:30-10:30 a.m.
- Lunch: 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Grab-N-Go Selections: 1:30-4p.m.
- Breakfast: 8:30-10:30 a.m.
- Lunch: 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Grab-N-Go Selections: 1:30-2:30 p.m.
Holidays as posted.
Vending machines are located on the first floor, and offer snacks, sandwiches, and a variety of hot and cold drinks. Microwaves for heating entree selections are available. It is open 24 hours.
The gift shop is located right off the lobby in the main entrance and is run by The Friends of the hospital. The shop sells cards, books, stationery, magazines, toiletries and small gifts.
Hours: Monday - Friday; 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Free visitor parking is located directly in front of the hospital.