When this occurs, the Garvin Center for Geriatric Psychiatry at Nashoba Valley Medical Center offers comprehensive, personalized medical and psychiatric care in a safe, comforting and structured in-patient setting.
The center, in conjunction with New England Geriatrics, provides psychiatric services to adults, age 55 and over, who may suffer from a variety of conditions. Our team of dedicated geriatric medical professionals offer treatment plans that focus on an individual’s unique needs with the goal of restoring mental health, functional abilities and overall well-being. Services include:
- Inpatient psychiatric hospitalization
- Diagnostic assessment
- Psychopharmacological consultation
- Behavior management consultations
- Family consultation / therapy
- Dementia evaluation
- Depression screening
- Neuropsychological testing
- Innovative therapies, such as art, touch, music, aroma, reminiscence, light and hydrotherapies, along with occupational, physical, and speech therapies
For admission and referral service, please contact the Garvin Center for Geriatric Psychiatry at 978-784-9435.