Our GI specialists are experts at diagnosing and treating many disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, gallbladder, and pancreas.
The GI department uses a variety of procedures and one of the most commonly performed procedures, colonoscopy, is a critical screening tool for cancer and other diseases of the colon. Endoscopic procedures are also used to diagnose gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and diverticulitis.
Our endoscopy lab offers a full range of clinical services, including:
- The Olympus EVIS EXERA III endoscopy system to diagnose, detect and treat GI diseases at an earlier stage when treatments are most successful
- Colonoscopy for colorectal cancer screening with polyp removal
- Endoscopic procedures
- Diagnosis and management of inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, including the management of these diseases during pregnancy)
- Management of Hepatitis B and C, as well as other liver diseases
- Small bowel enteroscopy
- Placement of feeding tubes into the stomach (PEG) or small intestine (PEJ) for patients who require supplemental feeding
- Palliation of gastrointestinal cancers using stent placement (esophageal, colonic, duodenalor biliary)