This is done through a powerful imaging technology that provides you and your physician with metabolic images of the disease. Together with the anatomical information from a CT scan, these tools supply you and your physician with key information about your disease. PET/CT scans also can help physicians determine if disease is present even before other symptoms occur.
- Identifying cancer malignancy early and pinpoint precise size and tumor location
- Differentiation between malignant and benign tumors, determine presence, location and extent of multiple lesions, recurrences and metastases
- Assisting in type of cancer treatment
- Early detection of neurological disorders
- Differentiation of forms of dementia disorders
- Accurate, non-invasive diagnostic testing for coronary artery disease (CAD)